Thursday, December 6, 2012

The untraditional traditional

I would like to make a statement right here, right now: I still don't claim to be a wedding photographer. I enjoy doing it when I'm asked by people who know me and trust me enough to put this huge responsibility in my hands, but I still feel I have a lot to learn. Now about the latest wedding I documented... It's been a long, long time for me without attending to a Hungarian wedding, then I visited my home town and was invited to one. Oh. My. God! Is there anything better than a Hungarian wedding? Drinking palinka shots and dance till the morning? I truly miss that from home. Before I went home I was already booked to shoot my friends wedding in Sydney's gorgeous harbour, with beautiful views of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Perfect setting for a successful shoot, right? Yes. And no. No matter how gorgeous the setting is looking at it with a non-photographer's eyes, it all comes down to available light and to be able to work with it. I tried my best and here is the result. Enjoy and feel free to leave comments/suggestions for my next attempt (which is in February) My gorgeous friends, Csaba&Aniko moved to Sydney a few years ago and decided to have a small wedding here (with only 30 people). Out of all I think 27 were Hungarians. And let me tell you: when it's a Hungarian wedding, there's dancing until the venue kicks the wedding party out :)
Aniko&Csaba had their wedding in Sydney's The Rocks district with some beautiful old buildings and lovely atmosphere. It was my second time shooting in the Italian Village and I loved it!
The best part in this area that there's so many lovely spots to photograph the couple. Being Europeans, we all love a bit of history to reflect from buildings and streets. Well, we could get this close to it. :)
Oh and those details.... Aniko did an amazing job with all the details that she picked herself, some were sourced by her as well.
And there's nothing like a good Hungarian wedding reception which we call "lagzi". I just wish there would be venues in Sydney where you can party till the sun comes up! :)
There was only one thing missing from making it a bit more traditional: palinka... But we danced till they kicked us out. And it was a fantastic day with my friends on their Big Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment